ABSTC Student Scholarship for attendance at 16th ISBR Symposium
The Agriculture Biotechnology Stewardship Technical Committee (ABSTC), in collaboration with the ISBR, is sponsoring several student scholarships for ISBR2022. In order to qualify, an abstract of yours must have been accepted for a poster or oral presentation. The scholarship will cover conference registration, up to 4 night’s accommodation (at the conference hotel), and reimbursement of travel (flight) expense of up to $2000 USD.
Awardees will be announced on the ISBR2022 website and informed via e-mail on 2 November 2021 to allow enough time to make the necessary travel arrangements.
Eligibility and Terms and Conditions
- To qualify, an abstract of yours must be accepted for a poster or oral presentation at ISBR2022.
- The scholarship will be presented to full-time students, younger than 35 (i.e. you must be 34 or younger on 14 April 2022).
- There are limited scholarships available, and the awardees will be selected at the discretion of the organizers. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Previous ISBR Scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- A maximum of one scholarship will be awarded per academic institution.
- Should you not arrive, you will be held responsible for all travel expenses and cancellation fees should the ISBR not be eligible for a refund.
- Airfare receipts will be required for reimbursement. Any upgrades from economy airfare or additional accommodation nights will be at your own expense. Any other travel expenses incurred will not be covered.
- Agree that your photo, name, and affiliation be published on the ISBR2022 website.
- Submit an abstract on the official ISBR2022 website and template.
- Complete and submit the official ABSTC-ISBR scholarship application form.
- Attach a short CV (max two pages), including information on your relevant experience and publications.
- Provide proof of current enrolment as a full-time student.
Acceptable proof includes an email from your advisor sent from the official university account, or a statement from the advisor on the university letterhead, or transcripts showing proof of current enrollment, or your student ID card with a valid expiry date.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
The commitment of scholarship recipients:
If you are selected as an awardee, part of your responsibility will be to document your experiences of ISBR2022 to help us promote the benefits of attending to others. Recipients can opt to document their experiences in any of the following ways in the run-up to the symposium and/or within three months after the event:
- via social media using the Conference hashtag #ISBR2022.
- create a blog post for the ISBR.
- craft a digital story with photos/slides from your conference experiences.
- alternative ideas will be considered.
Details and additional guidance will be provided to scholarship recipients. You also have to attend the student breakfast at ISBR2022 on Tue, 12 Apr 22.