Abstract Submission is now open!
ISBR Symposia offer a unique opportunity to share and discuss the latest advancements in the practice and application of the sciences that underpin safe and sustainable bio-innovation. Delegates from a wide range of relevant disciplines can engage in open and meaningful dialogue on the latest biosafety and sustainability research and development, risk analysis, policy, and regulatory matters.
It is therefore our pleasure to invite you to submit an abstract for an oral or poster presentation for the 16th ISBR Symposium (ISBR2022).
Requirements and guidelines for abstract submissions
- Please consider the relevance of your abstract in light of the symposium theme “Advancing science in support of sustainable bio-innovation” and submit it under one of the topics listed below.
- Gaining social license for bio-innovation
- The ethics of biotechnology research, development, and application
- Ensuring the sustainability of bio-innovation
- Risk communication in regulatory risk analysis
- Discovery science in support of risk analysis
- Elevating science in regulatory frameworks: Moving toward trait-based regulation
- Advancing problem formulation for effective decision-making
- Data requirements for risk characterization and monitoring
- The purpose and practice of post-market monitoring
- The role of public and private standards in the governance of biotechnology
- The pros and cons of regulatory harmonization for bio-innovation
- Bio-innovation for reducing and mitigating climate change
- Bio-innovation for public and personal health
- Bio-innovation for food security and sovereignty
- Please note, the above topics encompass more traditional ISBR focus areas like GMOs, food & feed safety, ERA, and IPM, as well as more recent ones like genome editing, gene drives, and science communication & engagement.
- Abstracts must be written in English (US), submitted online in the correct format using the Word template provided and all other required information must be supplied (link below).
- All abstracts will be subjected to peer review and only the authors of accepted abstracts will be able to present their work at ISBR2022, either as an oral presentation or a poster.
- Authors will be notified if their abstract has been accepted for an oral presentation or a poster by 15 December 2021.
- Accepted abstracts will only be included in the ISBR2022 program and published in the symposium’s e-book of abstracts if at least the presenting author has registered by 31 January 2022.
- After your abstract submission is received, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail with a reference number and a link for you to log back into your profile and update where required. If you do not receive this, please contact us directly at email@example.com to allow us to assist you further.