The Symposium Committee is responsible for the overall coordination of the biennial International Symposium on the Biosafety of Genetically Modified Organisms. This includes:
- Ensuring that all aspects of the symposium are being developed in an appropriate time frame and within budget.
- Working with the Program Committee to ensure that a cohesive theme for the symposium is developed, the symposium is international in scope and presentation, and the symposium is aligned with the mission of the society.
With the agreement of the ISBR Board, the Symposium Chair will select the Symposium Committee. At a minimum, this includes ISBR’s President, Treasurer, Chair of the Program Committee, Chair of the Sponsorship Committee, and a representative of the Local Organizing Committee.
The Chair of the Symposium Committee:
- Serves the central role of ensuring communication and coordination among the Symposium Committee, the Program Committee, the Sponsorship Committee, and the Local Organizing Committee.
- Interacts with the Society Treasurer as needed to communicate about matters related to the budget of the symposium and the society.
- Makes no financial commitments without the agreement of the Symposium Committee.
- Provides timely and appropriate updates to ISBR’s Board of Directors on decisions related to the symposium during regularly scheduled board meetings.
Symposium Commitee Chair: The ISBR Board