The Publication Committee is responsible for identifying opportunities for publishing work derived from the Society’s activities.
Its main task is to manage the publication of papers from the biennial International Symposium on the Biosafety of Genetically Modified Organisms. The Committee may also assist in publishing the proceedings of smaller, regionally or technically focused meetings held by the Society. The Committee periodically reviews the desirability and feasibility of establishing a peer-reviewed journal on biosafety research.
The Publication Committee comprises the Chairman and other interested members. Members may be co-opted to help manage the publication of material in their area of expertise.
The Chairman of the Publications Committee has several responsibilities:
- To inform the ISBR Board of opportunities for publishing the Society’s work;
- To act as the editor-in-chief of publications arising from the Society’s activities;
- To co-opt members to act as editors of publications as necessary;
- To ensure that publications are cost effective; and
- To work with the Communication and Outreach Committee to ensure that publications further the aims of the Society.
Publications Committee Chair: Andrew Roberts